Creating a Product Bulk Pricing
In this topic, we will learn about how to create a Bulk Pricing discount for products.
What is Product Bulk Pricing?
This type of discount Adjusts products price based on quantities added to the cart.
- Browse to, WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to WC Conditions » WC Conditions.
- Click on Pricing tab to view its content.
- Click on Add New button to add a new Pricing Rule.
- Set a name for your Bulk Pricing Rule.
- Select Bulk for Mode.
- Quantity based on indicates that how items quantities in the cart will be calculated.
- Single product: Quantity is calculated separately for each product.
- Single product variation: Quantity is calculated separately for each product variation, for simple products quantity will be calculated based on the product.
- Cart line item: Quantity is calculated separately for each product line in the cart.
- Sum of categories quantities: Quantity is calculated separately for each category in the cart.
- Sum of all products quantities: Quantity is calculated based on the sum of all quantities in the cart.
- In quantities table, you can set quantity ranges and their associated discount amount. For example, if quantity minimum is 2 and quantity maximum is 5 and quantity type is percentage discount and discount amount is 5 then when the user adds 3 quantities of a product that is listed in discounted items to the cart that product will be discounted 5%.
- Set quantity range minimum value.
- Set quantity range maximum value.
- Set discount type.
- Percentage discount : Applies percentage of product price as discount.
- Price discount : Applies a price as discount to product price.
- Fixed price: Changes product price to specified value.
- Set discount amount.
- Click on Add button to adding this range.
Repeat Step 7 to Step 11 to add as many ranges as you want.
- Setting an empty value for range maximum indicates that you want to set no limit to that range. For example, in above image, we don’t set the maximum value for the range that starts with value 21 so when the user adds 21 and greater than 21 quantities to the cart product will receive 25% discount.
- Use Delete button to deleting a range.
- By Add New Discounted Item you can add products to the list that this discount will apply to their price, refer to Adding Products for more information.
- Select products that you want this discount applies to their price we chose Woo Ninja #47.
- Click on Add button to adding this discounted item.
- By Add New Date Time you can add Date Time Conditions to your Pricing Rule. For example, you can apply this discount to the product in specific days of the year by using Specific Date option, refer to Adding Date Time Conditions for more information.
- By Add New Condition you can add Conditions to your Pricing Rule. For example, you can apply this discount to the product for specific users or roles and etc, refer to Adding Conditions for more information.
- Discounted Items lists products that will receive this discount.
- Because we chose Woo Ninja #47 in step 15 it appears here.
- Date Time lists date time conditions that you set for this Pricing Rule via Add New Date Time.
- Conditions lists conditions that you set for this Pricing Rule.
- Click on Save button to saving this Pricing Rule.
Please note that when one of Date Time Conditions becomes true this discount will applies to the product in other words it does not checks all of listed Date Time Conditions and when one of these conditions becomes true discount will applies.
Please note that when all of listed
Conditionsbecomes true this discount will applies to the product otherwise it will not applies.
Now open product page that you used in this discount we open Woo Ninja #47 page because we used it for this discount.
- As you can see Bulk Pricing Table shows quantities ranges with associated prices.
- We are going to add 6 quantity of this product to the cart so this product price should become $31.50 in the cart.
- As you can see product price discounted to $31.50.